We Also Offer Counseling for Gay Couples
Just as with any Couples Counseling before you start a self-evaluation is absolutely necessary if the counseling is going to be productive. This evaluation includes:
- How much you are willing to put into the process even when the going gets tough?
- What strengthens and liabilities do you bring to the table?
- What are your Needs and how do you know when they are being met?
- Gay Men often have difficulty with separating Intimacy from Sexuality; can you relate to one another and have a connection with your clothes on?
- Now here is the Big One. Many in the LGBT Community grew up in an atmosphere of disapproval, violence and scorn, which created shame, secrecy and denial in their lives. Living a double life became necessary and the norm to often survive. Double lives are not conducive to successful happy relationships. Are you willing and prepared to be vulnerable and authentic with each other in order to have a successful relationship?
Although there are major advances relating to the LBGT community in the news almost every day, gay couples also need to deal with, and work out, the day-to-day issues they face. Blue Tiger Recovery also offers specialized gay couples counseling and therapy for the unique needs of same sex couples facing relationship and marital challenges. Whether it concerns sexual issues or sexual identity or past trauma and its effect on your relationship, we can help.
Our gay couples therapy includes the most recent psychotherapeutic methodologies, including Somatic Experiencing™ therapy for trauma that bring profound, life changing, and relationship healing results. We also offer counseling for those same-sex couples with children who have the typical issues associated with children growing up compounded with being gay parents.